Position Title: Area Operations Support Manager
Location: Company-wide; 25% travel required
Reports to: SVP
The Area Operations Support Manager will lead the efforts in establishing operational excellence for several facilities in the Massachusetts area. Responsible for blending strategic thinking with hands-on experiences, advising on developing and defining operational strategies to help create efficiencies. This is a newly developed position and will report to the SVP of Operations and will be a critical role in the development and implementation of a process improvement culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Massachusetts resident only.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for evaluating current processes in the field, create policies, procedures, and initiatives to improve operations.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement within Operations and based on operations team feedback and evolving needs
- Lead the implementation of SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for field operations
- Work cross functionally to identify areas of operational improvements to drive efficiencies and operational excellence.
- Serves as a resource to operations for operational problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement implementation.
- Identify and implement relevant KPIs in operations to monitor efficiency and improvements gained through process improvements.
- Assist in training operational management on new tools, processed and policies to drive adoption of process improvements.
- 25% travel required within MA
Essential Skills Requirements:
- 6 + years of experience in a process improvement or operations support role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies (Kaizen, 6S, etc.)
- Proven results delivering operational efficiency
- An adaptive, responsive work ethic with the ability to work in a fluid, flexible, and sometimes ambiguous startup environment
- Ability to empower team members, motivate change, and facilitate problem solving discussions
- Strong organizational, analytical, and leadership skills required
- Must be innovative in making changes to the operation as needed to improve the work environment.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office, MS Team, and related applications.
- Excellent communication, including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across diverse and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines
- Strong data analytics skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and presentations skills.
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Time -Management and Organizational skills
This is primarily a field position. Beacon is a professional environment involving constant interaction with drivers, monitors, transportation coordinators, management, and other employees. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, reach, or crouch. This role requires sitting in front of a computer, as well as standing/walking while training indoors and outdoors. You must be able to travel to other bases/locations as required.
The Company believes that each of our employees makes a significant contribution to the success of the organization and our clients. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but an employee’s contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. It is the Company’s expectation that each employee will help whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization’s endeavors.