In 2018, Beacon Mobility was acquired by Audax Group, a leading alternative investment manager founded in 1999 with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. The original acquired companies that make up Beacon Mobility operate in Massachusetts and the company is looking for continued high growth. This growth will increase our operational footprint into the other areas of the Northeast and Midwest regions of the United States. We are currently building a strategic, people focused, team that will be best in class.
View more at https://gobeacon.com.
The Chief Safety Officer will be responsible for strategy, direction, and delivery of all safety matters affecting our employees. Due to the sensitivity and importance of safety, this position has reporting responsibility to the Chief Executive Officer. This position also includes compliance with state and federal rules and regulations (OSHA, DOT, etc.) as they pertain to our employees.
Besides the duties to develop and implement a comprehensive safety and training program, the position requires a dynamic leader with a personality and work demeanor that can create and foster a “safety first and always!” culture within the company. The position requires a personality that can work independently and has a vision to promote and communicate the safety mission.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience overseeing a Safety and Risk Management Program and ideally experience of working in a Operations Leadership role.
- Create top-down “safety first and always” culture that permeates throughout the company.
- Review internal safety policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate. Research new regulations and developments and recommend changes in and training for the company’s program.
- Ensure compliance of our safety policies and procedures across all locations.
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee practices through site visits, worksite inspections, safety hazard and risk assessments, safety plans, and education of all personnel.
- Oversee compliance with applicable OSHA, DOT, regulations including workers compensation and COVID.
- Review documentation to ensure required onsite records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted.
- Drive a safety culture by effectively communicating an enhanced vision, accountability and metrics across the organization to ensure meaningful improvement on safety performance, claims and insurance expense.
- Change agent that can identify, analyze and create opportunity for continuous improvement across the organization
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Provide overall leadership, professional knowledge, and expertise, and guidance in safety.
- Develop and secure safety orientation and training programs for employees.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- At least 10+ years of progressive leadership experience and managing people and teams of various sizes in dispersed locations.
- Experience of working in a operations leadership role desired.
- Knowledge and experience of transportation operations desired.
- Knowledge and experience of M&A integration processes helpful.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to connect with multiple diverse groups of employees.
- Prioritization and delegation skills.
- General business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions-focused and results-oriented.
- Driven to execution on promises.
- Passionate about the strategy, vision and mission of Beacon Mobility and a desire to make a difference.
(You will be directed to fill out the application on our Van Pool site)
Beacon Mobility is a trusted partner that provides comprehensive mobility and transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Experienced, compassionate, and inspired, we take pride in our ability to create customized, mobility-based solutions that empower people to get where they need to go. We are dedicated to providing those we serve with the opportunities, resources, and support to confidently move ahead. Backed by 30 years of experience, Beacon Mobility is a growing family of companies that share a mission of putting people first. Communities, school districts, special education programs, and regional transit authorities count on our companies to get people where they need to go safely and on time.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Beacon Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer.