Beacon is seeking a Data Scientist to join the organization and serve as a key player in building a clear understanding of the potential benefits that connected data and analytics can bring in supporting the vision and goals of the organization. Gains insight into key business problems by applying statistical analysis techniques to examine structured and unstructured data from multiple disparate sources. Uses current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via an increasing understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis. Role will report directly to the SVP of PMO Operations.
- Apply end-to-end expertise from data, analytics and insight delivery to stakeholder engagement and support of benefit realization.
- Manipulate large data sets and use them to identify trends and reach meaningful conclusions to inform strategic business decisions.
- Partner with leaders in all areas of the business to obtain data/KPI’s and pull data from multiple sources, clean data, and prepare data for analysis.
- Design data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models and perform custom analysis in support of creating a culture of safety.
- Connect with stakeholders to gain a full understanding of the problems they’re looking to solve and build models to address those areas.
- Build tools to automate data collection and provide business leaders KPI and dashboards to make key business decisions related to safety.
- Apply data science approaches to understand and predict behaviors and outcomes.
- Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, & statistical analysis to gain insight into various data sets – some readily available, and some you create and curate yourself.
- Mentor and lead team members on best practices and action-oriented analyses.
- Develop compelling stories that provide insight into the drivers of business performance.
- Evangelize evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers and driving accessibility of data and insights.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.). Graduate degree a plus
- 3- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a quantitative analytics or data modeling role delivering modeling solutions in a business context
- Strong skills in coding, data management, data analysis and data visualization
- Proven experience with Python, R, SQL, and a data visualization program like Tableau or PowerBI
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational database principles
- Lean six sigma green certification or above preferred
- An understanding of targeted marketing strategies leveraging data science modeling techniques
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Solid oral and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts, and methods
- Strong Statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and make decisions
- Self-starter and able to work in a non-structured organization
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed, and logical discussions/presentations
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Evaluate trends in data or information
- Experience working with remote teams
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
Beacon Mobility and our family of companies believe that each of our employees makes a significant contribution to the success of the organization and our clients. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but an employee’s contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. It is our expectation that each employee will help whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization’s endeavors.
Beacon Mobility is a trusted partner that provides comprehensive mobility solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Experienced, compassionate, and inspired, we take pride in our ability to create customized, mobility-based solutions that empower people to get where they need to go. We provide those we serve with the opportunities, resources, and support to confidently move ahead. Backed by 30 years of experience, Beacon Mobility is a growing family of companies that share a mission of putting people first. Communities, school districts, special education programs, and regional transit authorities count on our companies to get people where they need to go safely and on time. In 2018, Beacon Mobility was acquired by Audax Group, a leading alternative investment manager founded in 1999 with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. The original acquired companies that make up Beacon Mobility operate in Massachusetts and the company is looking for continued high growth via an aggressive acquisition strategy. This growth will increase our operational footprint into the other areas of the Northeast and Midwest regions of the United States. We are currently building a strategic, people focused, leadership team that has experience supporting rapid growth and changes. View more at https://gobeacon.com.