Operations Specialist- PMO
The Operations Specialist position will partner with management in an assigned geographical region(s) by providing training, reviewing operational processes and compliance, monitor performance metrics and system efficiencies. The role will be responsible for implementing new technology, process standardization, and drive continuous improvement action plans to improve overall compliance to standard operating procedures and operational efficiency. Cross functional collaboration within corporate will be required to provide optimal support to the field operations.
Beacon Mobility is a growing family of companies that share a mission of putting people first. Communities, school districts, special education programs, and re
gional transit authorities count on our companies to get people where they need to go safely and on time. Beacon Mobility operates in Massachusetts and the company is looking for continued high growth via an aggressive acquisition strategy.
- Participate as subject matter experts on system enhancements, special ad hoc projects and large implementations of new technology that will impact field operations.
- Provide subject matter expertise in operational processes to manage scheduled routes through payroll and service to cash process.
- Support the creation and embedment of standard operating procedures.
- Support change management at field locations from initiation through sustainment.
- Create and monitor action plans to improve operational performance metrics and financial results.
- Establish and ensure continuous improvement of best practices within the area and across the organization.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and recommend/implement solutions.
- Support training and knowledge transfer for new business start-ups and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams (IT, Finance, Payroll, HR, Legal) to resolve issues and implement solutions.
Role Specific Competencies:
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills, including the ability to pull meaningful insights out of large data sets
- Demonstrate the ability to dive into operating results and propose business solutions that help drive out costs
- Application of lean six sigma principles, process assessment and continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills across all mediums – verbal, written, and presentations
- Broad business knowledge and organizational awareness as well as an understanding of business profitability drivers
- Ability to multi-task under high pressure situations with a sense of urgency
- Effective in a team-oriented environment
- Confidentiality and discretion – demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation, and the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Intellectually curious with an ability to handle steep learning curves
Preferable Qualifications & Experiences:
- BS/BA in Business or related field preferred
- Lean Six Sigma green or black belt certification preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in general business operations or field support
- Advanced experience using other MS Office tools (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience driving operational continuous improvement
- Travel requirements approximately 30%