Program Manager – Program/Project Management Office
The Program Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, coordination, and management of strategic and tactical initiatives. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. Program Manager will be responsible for the management of multiple projects across all functions of the organization and will work to drive standards, best practices, and governance over delivery of strategic initiatives. Role will report to the SVP of PMO Operations.
This position is remote but must be commutable to one of our offices throughout Massachusetts. Will also consider candidates in the Long Island, NY are and Chicago, IL.
Beacon Mobility is a growing family of companies that share a mission of putting people first. Communities, school districts, special education programs, and regional transit authorities count on our companies to get people where they need to go safely and on time. Beacon Mobility operates in Massachusetts and the company is looking for continued high growth via an aggressive acquisition strategy.
- Build and maintain programs that drive strategic priorities from ideation to implementation, primarily through strong program management principles and hands-on leadership.
- Define and manage scope, and deliverables of projects with focus on business processes.
- Develop detailed analysis, plans, milestones, deliverables, and overall status updates related to program management.
- Understand the business and work directly with field staff to implement solutions.
- Define and manage the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop organizational change management approach and deliverables to support the successful implementation and compliance of processes and technology.
- Directs the coordination and management of resources and resource allocations for multiple ongoing complex projects.
- Leads the communication with Leadership team on the status of each strategic initiative.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that improve KPIs and/or quality across the department/organization.
- Establishes governance of strategic initiatives to ensure consistency and adherence to standards.
- Lead other project management professionals (either direct or indirect reports) through assignment and review of project goals.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards.
- Develops and communicates reporting metrics and project and/or program dashboards that provide management and business stakeholders with quantifiable gauges of the delivery of business results.
- Assess and report risks and recommend mitigation plans.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree a plus.
- PMP certification a plus
- 7+ Years of experience in project management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with managing vendor deliverables and expectations
- Must have solid MS Office Skills, primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. MS Project experience required
- Experience with business process mapping
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Ability to travel > 30%.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Strong organizational skills and deep understanding of Project Management concepts for planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Strong people skills, motivational skills, team building and decision making
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and make decisions.
- Self-starter and able to work in a non-structured organization
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g., senior management, peers, and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed, and logical discussions/presentations
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Evaluate trends in data or information
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies (e.g., Lean, Agile/Scrum)
(You will be directed to fill out the application on our Van Pool site)
Beacon Mobility is a trusted partner that provides comprehensive mobility solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Experienced, compassionate, and inspired, we take pride in our ability to create customized, mobility-based solutions that empower people to get where they need to go. We provide those we serve with the opportunities, resources, and support to confidently move ahead. Backed by 30 years of experience, Beacon Mobility is a growing family of companies that share a mission of putting people first. Communities, school districts, special education programs, and regional transit authorities count on our companies to get people where they need to go safely and on time. In 2018, Beacon Mobility was acquired by Audax Group, a leading alternative investment manager founded in 1999 with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. The original acquired companies that make up Beacon Mobility operate in Massachusetts and the company is looking for continued high growth via an aggressive acquisition strategy. This growth will increase our operational footprint into the other areas of the Northeast and Midwest regions of the United States. We are currently building a strategic, people focused, leadership team that has experience supporting rapid growth and changes.