Primary Care Plan PLUS FAQs
No, Healthcare2U is not insurance. Healthcare2U provides an annual healthcare membership based on the Direct Primary Care payment model – an innovative alternative payment model that consists of a flat and affordable membership fee.
Because this plan does not meet the minimum requirements for MA Health, it should not affect your eligibility for MA Health.
Yes, we accept pre-existing conditions. Healthcare2U detects, treats and manages 13 of the most prevalent disease states through our partner-physician clinics for a $10 fee per visit. Members receive unlimited physician-office visits, so they can take the necessary steps to get treatment before an illness becomes serious.
- For all of your covered preventive services (blood pressure screening, cholesterol screening, well woman visits, mammogram, immunizations, etc), you can choose your doctor from the PHCS Preventive Services network. PHCS/Multiplan is the largest private network in the country. Go to www.multiplan.com to search for a doctor in the PHCS Preventive Only network.
- When utilizing Direct Primary Care, Healthcare2U will schedule you to see a doctor in their network. This could be for minor illnesses or injuries when you need to see a doctor quickly. Simply call HC2U and you will be offered the option of a virtual visit, a primary care office visit or an urgent care visit. HC2U will do all of the scheduling of your visit.
- When you call HC2U, you can ask if a specific provider is part of their network.
- HC2U does not publish a list of providers in their network. Since walk ins are not allowed, HC2U does not want members to make the mistake of going to see a doctor directly and believing their visit will be covered. To access the HC2U benefits, you MUST start by calling HC2U.
- HC2U has primary care physicians and urgent care facilities in over 42,000 zip codes across the U.S.
Yes. You will need an ID card when you see a PHCS network doctor for a covered preventive service, you will need to show your ID card at the pharmacy when purchasing prescription medications.
- ID cards will be available on The Health Wallet app which can be downloaded to any iPhone or android phone. Just go to the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (android) and search for “The Health Wallet”. Once the app is on your phone, simply open and follow the instructions.
- If you can’t access the Health Wallet app, you can request ID cards by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our physicians can treat many medical conditions including certain chronic conditions within manageable ranges like diabetes or hypertension. There may be times when patients will need to be referred to a specialist or hospital. Specialist care and hospital coverage is not included under the Healthcare2U membership agreement.
- Unlimited doctor visits for a $10 visit fee
- Unlimited urgent care visits for a $25 visit fee
- Unlimited access to bilingual licensed medical providers online or by phone, 24/7/365 for minor illnesses and injuries at $0 out of pocket cost to members
- Annual physical with four labs: complete metabolic panel (CMP), complete blood count (CBC), thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and lipid panel
- Well-woman pap smear pathology interpretation is not
- Annual physicals available after 6 consecutive months of
- Unlimited chronic disease management for 13 of the most prevalent chronic disease states
- Generic-first protocols practiced by physicians
Healthcare2U’s MyDPCPlus does not include inpatient or outpatient hospital services. In addition to this membership, many members have/acquire a high-deductible wraparound policy to cover the emergency care that is not covered under Healthcare2U.
While Healthcare2U detects, treats and manages 13 of the most prevalent chronic disease states within manageable ranges, we do not provide specialty care outside of our partner- physician clinics. If a member currently sees a specialist for an advanced disease state, we do not recommend leaving that specialist.
No, unfortunately Healthcare2U cannot accept these members due to insurance regulations.
No, there is no limit on physician office visits through Healthcare2U. Members schedule their appointments through our Central Scheduling Department for each appointment,
What is HealthWallet?
HealthWallet is an app where you will find the details of your plan, including your ID cards.